Migration solution for stranded UIM/X based Motif applications released
26-Mar-04 17:30 GMT
IST Limited (IST), recently announced the availability of
a new advanced migration solution designed to rapidly salvage X/Motif-based
applications developed using the UIM/X User Interface Builder (also known
as HP Interface Architect and IBM AIC).
Once a popular Motif development tool, UIM/X lacks the fundamental
requirements of a modern Motif GUI Builder such as Motif 2.1 and Linux
support. UIM/X also locked the application into a proprietary toolkit layer
seriously limiting portability of application code.
For developers stranded with applications developed using UIM/X help is now
IST's UIM/X Migration Solution is based on the award winning X-Designer
cross-platform GUI Builder combined with a comprehensive UIM/X conversion
tool. X-Designer runs on all the latest platforms, supports Motif 2.1 and
provides a migration path to other platforms such as Java and Windows.
X-Designer generates open, portable source code and, unlike UIM/X, does not
lock the application into a proprietary toolkit layer.
The migration process is straightforward. The UIM/X conversion tool
directly reads UIM/X Project (.prj) and Interface (.i) files and converts
them to X-Designer. This conversion tool automatically handles many aspects
of a UIM/X project not handled by other conversion tools.
Features of the UIM/X conversion tool include:
- Direct handling of UIM/X project (.prj) and interface (.i) files. No need
to generate UIL to convert a project.
- Automatic conversion of all user interface designs.
- Automatically converts Ux convenience functions in application code to
portable X/Motif calls.
- Extraction of callback code in .i files and conversion to X-Designer
equivalent callback modules.
- Creation of structured header files for all declarations entered using
the UIM/X Declaration Editor.
- Conversion of UIM/X re-usable components to equivalent X-Designer
- Mappings for many of the proprietary Ux convenience functions through to
clean X/Motif API calls
We regret that this service is no longer available.
by X-Designer - The Leading X/Motif GUI Builder
- Click to download a FREE evaluation
Goto top of page